WotF33 Workshop & Gala

Open topics on the Contest itself, to include results-watch threads and other items of note.
MattDovey

WotF33 Workshop & Gala

Postby MattDovey » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:10 am

Well, I for one am ruthlessly following everyone on Facebook and Twitter to see what's going on at the workshop. I keep looking at the time and subtracting 8 hours and thinking ah, they'll be at lunch now, or looks like time for barcon.

I may be a little bit nostalgic right about now.

Anyway! I was rather chuffed this morning to read the Day 2 blog post and see, among the objects Tim is handing out, Andrew Peery holding a small book brooch that I gave Tim last year in exchange for my item. Inside it hides a dozen or so photos of Wales in the 1950, folded up as a chain of postcards. Here's something similar on Etsy.

So I'm kinda there, right? wotf001

Looks like Ville has the rock I had last year as well. I should really dust that story off and set about revising it for Lightspeed next month...
Golden Pen winner v32 (2016)
Stories | About | Facebook | Twitter

Dustin Adams

Re: WotF33 Workshop & Gala

Postby Dustin Adams » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:16 am

I'll be watching!
Although I'm not there. Again. At least one writer friend will be, and I gots to see the speech!
2x Finalist
1x Semi
2x Silver
9x HM
Eight EDF stories. DSF: Flash1. Flash2. Short Story. My Semi-F

LDWriter2

Postby LDWriter2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:07 pm

I won't be there even boy does Joni want me there. wotf007

We usually have two weekend trips per year-one to coast and one to the mountains. We missed the coast one this year. For half a hour I thought maybe we could go to the gala since we missed the one trip. But no. My wife retried this year and the last two months have been partial SS payments as they usually do it for the first two months. So bad timing. We might have been able to go if her retirement was a month further along, or even half a month.
Working on turning Lead into Gold.

Four HMs From WotF
The latest was Q1'12
HM-quarter 4 Volume 32
One HM for another contest
published in Strange New Worlds Ten.
Another HM http://onthepremises.com/minis/mini_18.html

J'nae Rae

Postby J'nae Rae » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:55 pm

She was disappointed when. I told her I couldn't attend this year because of finances. Yes, I know it's free, but my time and gas aren't. Wonder how all the people in the Workshop are doing.
HM Q1 2015, Q3 & Q4 2016.
R Q1 & Q2 2017
The Trade's On, in Issue 8 of Sci Phi Journal, November 2015
Naidin's Song: Blood Bound, published August 2016
Nine-Tenths, on Empyreome (Weekly Flash Fiction,) June 2017

wotf024

LDWriter2

Postby LDWriter2 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:07 pm

J'nae Rae wrote:She was disappointed when. I told her I couldn't attend this year because of finances. Yes, I know it's free, but my time and gas aren't. Wonder how all the people in the Workshop are doing.

We would need a hotel for one night and I would miss one day of work. I think even now we could handle gas and food.
Working on turning Lead into Gold.

Four HMs From WotF
The latest was Q1'12
HM-quarter 4 Volume 32
One HM for another contest
published in Strange New Worlds Ten.
Another HM http://onthepremises.com/minis/mini_18.html

J'nae Rae

Postby J'nae Rae » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:07 pm

LDWriter2 wrote:
J'nae Rae wrote:She was disappointed when. I told her I couldn't attend this year because of finances. Yes, I know it's free, but my time and gas aren't. Wonder how all the people in the Workshop are doing.

We would need a hotel for one night and I would miss one day of work. I think even now we could handle gas and food.

Last year I swapped my Sunday for Saturday, and had a Hotel for two nights, though we didn't stay the second night. I drove up Saturday night, but wanted some place to change. So, we had the room so we could get into our fancy clothes and then out for the drive back to San Diego. Can't do that this year, and besides, I'm going to WonderCon tomorrow.
HM Q1 2015, Q3 & Q4 2016.
R Q1 & Q2 2017
The Trade's On, in Issue 8 of Sci Phi Journal, November 2015
Naidin's Song: Blood Bound, published August 2016
Nine-Tenths, on Empyreome (Weekly Flash Fiction,) June 2017

wotf024

Return to “The Contest - Quarterly Topics, and Other Items”