NEW USERS! INTRODUCE YOURSELVES!

Open topics on the Contest itself, to include results-watch threads and other items of note.
Wulf Moon

Re: NEW USERS! INTRODUCE YOURSELVES!

Postby Wulf Moon » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Thomas wrote:

Thanks Moon!

Everyone has been really friendly and supportive, which is awesome. Nice to meet you. :)[/quote]

Nice to meet you as well, Thomas, but it will be nicer when we meet at the workshop. : )

Sally forth!

~Moon~

zeeteebeez

Postby zeeteebeez » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:17 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been lurking here for a couple of years around results time. Figured it's about time to start contributing. As they say, debilitating anxiety loves company.

My first submission was Q4 2015, I believe. Q4 2017 is my fourth submission. HM, R, HM, so far.

Excited to twitch with you all!

Z.T.

RSchibler

Postby RSchibler » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:48 pm

Welcome! This place has been a complete boon for me as a writer, I’m glad I found it. And yes, much twitching.
Trying to refute entropy with words.

Q2, Vol34, R
Q3, Vol34, HM
Q4, Vol34, pending

www.rebeccaetreasure.com

pcmccollum

Postby pcmccollum » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:20 am

Nice to meet everyone.

I'd been equivocating over submitting something to the WotF contest for a couple of years but have recently come to terms with the fact that writers not only write, but they submit. With that in mind, I finally put in my first submission for Q4 2017. I'm not expecting much (safer that way, no?), but I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

-Phillip
“If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you'll never learn.” ― Ray Bradbury
Follow my attempt at 52 short stories in 52 weeks - https://phillipmccollum.com/52-short-stories-in-52-weeks/

kentagions

Postby kentagions » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 am

Welcome Phillip and other newcomers, posted or not,
Post.
Post now! Don't just mine old threads for tidbits (though there are lots of healthy tidbits), but ask your own gripping questions. Maybe there's someone on the Forum who wasn't here for the last thread that dealt with your quandary.

Maybe you're the one with answers and you want to share. Post it.

I love seeing new names, reading new opinions and sharing the twitching.
Best of luck,
Kent

pcmccollum

Postby pcmccollum » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:09 am

Thanks, Kent! Already started conversing on another thread. :)
“If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you'll never learn.” ― Ray Bradbury
Follow my attempt at 52 short stories in 52 weeks - https://phillipmccollum.com/52-short-stories-in-52-weeks/

disgruntledpeony

Postby disgruntledpeony » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:27 am

Hello, Phillip! Nice to meet you. wotf007
If a person offend you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick. ~ Mark Twain
2015, Q4: R
2016: SF, n/a, SHM, SHM
2017: SHM, n/a, F, ?

manderson

Postby manderson » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:05 pm

Hello all,

I've been a fan of the contest for a few years. Just started submitting Q3 of this year and I put in another story for Q4. Great to have these forums as a resource/outlet.

I received a confirmation email saying I was successfully entered in the contest for Q3 (and Q4) but I have yet to receive a follow up (rejection or otherwise) for Q3. I've seen others on here seeming to convey their results from Q3. Was wondering if anyone knows how late the judging can go for a quarter or if/when they'd recommend I follow up.

Thanks for the insight!

RSchibler

Postby RSchibler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:07 pm

manderson wrote:Hello all,

I've been a fan of the contest for a few years. Just started submitting Q3 of this year and I put in another story for Q4. Great to have these forums as a resource/outlet.

I received a confirmation email saying I was successfully entered in the contest for Q3 (and Q4) but I have yet to receive a follow up (rejection or otherwise) for Q3. I've seen others on here seeming to convey their results from Q3. Was wondering if anyone knows how late the judging can go for a quarter or if/when they'd recommend I follow up.

Thanks for the insight!

I would definitely follow up for Q3. All results have been posted or released. I believe you can reply to the email address from which you received your confirmation email. It doesn't happen often, but results do get lost occasionally. Best of luck!
Trying to refute entropy with words.

Q2, Vol34, R
Q3, Vol34, HM
Q4, Vol34, pending

www.rebeccaetreasure.com

manderson

Postby manderson » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:17 pm

Thanks! I might create a Quarterly Results thread for Q3 and Q4 if I'm able.

Return to “The Contest - Quarterly Topics, and Other Items”