John Goodwin Interview: Great info on the contest from the guy that knows!

Open topics on the Contest itself, to include results-watch threads and other items of note.
Wulf Moon

John Goodwin Interview: Great info on the contest from the guy that knows!

Postby Wulf Moon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:43 am

John Goodwin, president of Author Services, Inc., did an interview about an hour ago that I think would benefit anyone entering this contest. I am starting the topic and providing the link. Something fun to discuss! I didn't know that Brandon Sanderson's finalist placing kept him from quitting, quite an interesting fact!

Here you go! Enjoy!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rithebard/ ... -goodwin-1

preston

Re: John Goodwin Interview: Great info on the contest from the guy that knows!

Postby preston » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:58 pm

Thanks, Wulf. I listened to this. He mentioned you! So cool. (I also got a little shout-out...***bows humbly.***) I loved hearing about all the writers who entered and are now super famous. Was also amazed to hear that some winners couldn't attend the awards ceremony because they are incarcerated! Can you imagine winning this contest from jail? Wow!

Wulf Moon

Re: John Goodwin Interview: Great info on the contest from the guy that knows!

Postby Wulf Moon » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:27 am

preston wrote:Thanks, Wulf. I listened to this. He mentioned you! So cool. (I also got a little shout-out...***bows humbly.***) I loved hearing about all the writers who entered and are now super famous. Was also amazed to hear that some winners couldn't attend the awards ceremony because they are incarcerated! Can you imagine winning this contest from jail? Wow!

Preston! Yeah, that jail comment was just CRAZY. But how cool that you can win this contest even from jail. The contest reaches everywhere, 180 countries to date, and even into the lowest dungeon! : ) I especially enjoyed John's reminder that because of the volume of sales, every single winner in this contest becomes a national bestseller instantly upon publication. What other contest can give such a credit to a new writer? That normally takes so much work, years of dedicated effort and marketing, before one might hope to make a bestseller rating on some nationally recognized list. It's an amazing fact that I know, but it never sunk in before until John said it the way he did. Stunning that a new writer can have such a credit to one's name to start their career with, to put in their cover letters, and to put on their book jackets for years to come! Just another great benefit among the multiple benefits that come to those that win Writers of the Future!

And it was cool hearing John cite your name, Preston, and all the times you have submitted. Your story is a great one, an urban legend actually, now come to life! Enjoy the fruitage of your hard work and perseverance--you earned it!

For all of you tryng to win this contest, go listen to John's interview, it will put wind in your sails.

All the beast!

~Moon~

Return to “The Contest - Quarterly Topics, and Other Items”