Discussion: Q3 Volume 36

Open topics on the Contest itself, to include results-watch threads and other items of note.
SueD

Re: Discussion: Q3 Volume 36

Postby SueD » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:44 am

Super excited to get my second Honorable Mention! Great indicator that I'm on the right track. Both Honorable Mentions have been for stories based on my novel in progress. Now I just need to finish it!
PS - I just bought David Farland's Namawrimo Writers Bundle in early November and it has been super super helpful for figuring out what was structurally wrong with the middle of my novel in progress. Highly recommend it if anyone is writing a novel.

Henckel

Postby Henckel » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:59 am

SueD wrote:Super excited to get my second Honorable Mention! Great indicator that I'm on the right track. Both Honorable Mentions have been for stories based on my novel in progress. Now I just need to finish it!
PS - I just bought David Farland's Namawrimo Writers Bundle in early November and it has been super super helpful for figuring out what was structurally wrong with the middle of my novel in progress. Highly recommend it if anyone is writing a novel.

Congrats on your 2nd HM!

I bought Dave's Story bundle last year. I watched each video at least 3 times and went through all the exercise. You're right, they are great!
(2014) V31 Q1 – R
(2018) V35 Q3 – HM
(2019) V36 Q3 – HM
(2019) V36 Q4 – SHM
(2020) V37 Q1 – ?

SueD

Postby SueD » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:07 am

Thanks! Congrats on your SHM!

Henckel wrote:
SueD wrote:Super excited to get my second Honorable Mention! Great indicator that I'm on the right track. Both Honorable Mentions have been for stories based on my novel in progress. Now I just need to finish it!

Congrats on your 2nd HM!

I bought Dave's Story bundle last year. I watched each video at least 3 times and went through all the exercise. You're right, they are great!

Return to “The Contest - Quarterly Topics, and Other Items”