My rejection from F&SF

Open topics on the Contest itself, to include results-watch threads and other items of note.
Corbin Maxwell

My rejection from F&SF

Postby Corbin Maxwell » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:33 am

Dear Corbin,

Thank you for giving me a chance to read "The Unvanquished." I appreciated the quality of the sentence-level prose, but overall the narrative didn't quite grab me and I'm going to pass on this one for Fantasy & Science Fiction. I wish you best of luck finding the right market for it and hope that you'll keep us in mind in the future.

Best regards,

A rejection yes, but better than what I’ve received in the past. So just a small sting.
For there is death in the sound of it, and a glamorous fatality, like silver pennons downrushing at sunset, or a dying fall of horns along the road to Ronceveaux.

SF x 1
HM x 10

chuckt

Re: My rejection from F&SF

Postby chuckt » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:51 am

He does seem like a nice guy. It’s good to get feedback
36.1 R

Corbin Maxwell

Re: My rejection from F&SF

Postby Corbin Maxwell » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:51 am

That's the second best rejection I've received from them. The first best was when Mr. Finlay said he like the story and passed it on to Gordon Van Gelder but Gordon passed on it.

It's these little treasures that keep a unpublished writer going.
For there is death in the sound of it, and a glamorous fatality, like silver pennons downrushing at sunset, or a dying fall of horns along the road to Ronceveaux.

SF x 1
HM x 10

Return to “The Contest - Quarterly Topics, and Other Items”