Got problems with submitting? Need help with the forum? Anything else?

Re: Avatar Trouble

Postby Martin L. Shoemaker » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:11 pm

E.CaimanSands wrote:
amoskalik wrote:I have to hatch my own personality before I can hope for an alter ego. Trust the process, right?

Indeed. Erm. wotf005

Gator started out as a mere avatar, then became so much more... wotf019
In fact, she wasn't so much hatched, as bought. Even though it was 8 years ago I vividly remember buying her. Her mugshot was displayed on a wall in Second Life, alongside the mugshots of a whole range of other googly-eyed animal avatars by the same maker. The frog was quite nice too but there was no doubt in my mind she was the cutest. But did I really want to be an alligator? Who on earth wants to be an alligator? I knew nothing of alligators. I'm British, I don't even remember seeing a real life alligator. Surely they're just these crude, cruel, stupid, aggressive, giant, ugly things that sometimes eat people? (Wrong, of course, I know better now, they are complex creatures, are rather timid, have their caring side and even use tools! wotf006 ) Hmm, but being a gator could be amusing, said a small voice somewhere. So I bought her. And so it began.

I'm smiling here. Such a great story!
Martin L. Shoemaker
F:1V28,1V29
SF:4V28
HM:2/3V28,2/3/4V29,1/2/3V30
3rd:1V31

WRITE! WRITE! WRITE! WRITE! WRITE!
SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT!
REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT!
Patience. Patience. Patience. Patience. Patience.
NNiNN
Martin L. Shoemaker

Postby E.CaimanSands » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:48 am

Martin L. Shoemaker wrote:
E.CaimanSands wrote:
amoskalik wrote:I have to hatch my own personality before I can hope for an alter ego. Trust the process, right?

Indeed. Erm. wotf005

Gator started out as a mere avatar, then became so much more... wotf019
In fact, she wasn't so much hatched, as bought. Even though it was 8 years ago I vividly remember buying her. Her mugshot was displayed on a wall in Second Life, alongside the mugshots of a whole range of other googly-eyed animal avatars by the same maker. The frog was quite nice too but there was no doubt in my mind she was the cutest. But did I really want to be an alligator? Who on earth wants to be an alligator? I knew nothing of alligators. I'm British, I don't even remember seeing a real life alligator. Surely they're just these crude, cruel, stupid, aggressive, giant, ugly things that sometimes eat people? (Wrong, of course, I know better now, they are complex creatures, are rather timid, have their caring side and even use tools! wotf006 ) Hmm, but being a gator could be amusing, said a small voice somewhere. So I bought her. And so it began.

I'm smiling here. Such a great story!

Yes, just be sure not to repeat it in front of her majesty. She doesn't remember that day, or so she claims. She thinks she was hatched like a regular gator. wotf017
SF x 1 (Extreeemely happy snappy gator)
HM x 9 (Happy snappy gator)

"Europa Spring" - buy from Amazon

The Happy Snappy Gator Bog! Er, Blog...
E.CaimanSands

Postby storysinger » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:15 am

Thanks for the help guys. I finally found something that loaded but it shows an ad now and then.
It's a start of a learning curve I'm sure.
HM-1
Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality.
D.R.Sweeney
storysinger

Postby bobsandiego » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:52 am

storysinger wrote:Thanks for the help guys. I finally found something that loaded but it shows an ad now and then.
It's a start of a learning curve I'm sure.

oh it's a real ad -- I just thought it was hipster irony!
wotf019
Literary saboteur
Blog: http://www.robertmitchellevans.com/
HM X 5
SF X 3
F X 0
Current Rejection Streak: 0
bobsandiego

Postby J'nae Rae » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:09 am

Ok, most pics I have online are on Facebook, but it doesn't seem to want to let me link there. Any suggestions?
HM Q1 2015.
HM Q3 2016
HM Q4 2016
R Q1 2017
The Trade's On, Issue 8 of Sci Phi Journal, November 2015
Naidin's Song: Blood Bound, published August 2016
J'nae Rae

Postby disgruntledpeony » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:49 am

J'nae Rae wrote:Ok, most pics I have online are on Facebook, but it doesn't seem to want to let me link there. Any suggestions?

Photobucket tends to work for me.
If a person offend you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick. ~ Mark Twain
wotf029 wotf042 wotf027 wotf042 wotf043
disgruntledpeony

Postby Beth Powers » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:57 am

J'nae Rae wrote:Ok, most pics I have online are on Facebook, but it doesn't seem to want to let me link there. Any suggestions?

I used a Twitter picture, but Facebook should work the same--if you right click on the image, you should get the option of "Copy image address." You can then paste it into the "Link off-site" on the avatar section of your control panel. If I remember correctly, I had to specify the dimensions (100x100) in the provided boxes to get it to work.

You might run into problems if the image isn't public on your Facebook page, but I'm not sure.
Beth Powers

Postby J'nae Rae » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:15 am

Beth Powers wrote:

I used a Twitter picture, but Facebook should work the same--if you right click on the image, you should get the option of "Copy image address." You can then paste it into the "Link off-site" on the avatar section of your control panel. If I remember correctly, I had to specify the dimensions (100x100) in the provided boxes to get it to work.

You might run into problems if the image isn't public on your Facebook page, but I'm not sure.

Facebook refused to work, but Twitter did. Thank you. wotf013
HM Q1 2015.
HM Q3 2016
HM Q4 2016
R Q1 2017
The Trade's On, Issue 8 of Sci Phi Journal, November 2015
Naidin's Song: Blood Bound, published August 2016
J'nae Rae

Postby Beth Powers » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:45 am

J'nae Rae wrote:Facebook refused to work, but Twitter did. Thank you. wotf013

Good! After I posted, I was thinking that I might have tried Facebook first too (it's been awhile since I changed it)--I don't know why Twitter works when it doesn't wotf017
Beth Powers

Previous

Return to Problems and Troubleshooting