No communication

Got problems with submitting? Need help with the forum? Anything else?
capt367272

No communication

Postby capt367272 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:06 am

I have submitted the last four quarters, starting with the first quarter of last year 2012. So far I have only received one of my submissions back. I was very careful about the SSAE. Can you tell me what is going on? Just a note: I used to correspond with L. Ron Hubbard, even though we had never met, and I was just a fan. He always answered my letters in a timely manner, even though I am sure he was a very busy man. I guess I expect as much from the book with his name on it.

dantzel

Re: No communication

Postby dantzel » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:11 pm

The SASE take MUCH longer to be judged and returned. If you haven't received a response, email the contest coordinator, Joni - you can query about both your results and about your SASE.

Many people prefer to submit electronically - it's much easier on the judges as well.
Vol 29 Q3 Semi Finalist

http://www.dantzelcherry.com

Brad R. Torgersen
Location: Wasatch Front, United States, Planet Earth, Sol System

Postby Brad R. Torgersen » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Joni can be reached at contests(at)authorservicesinc.com

If you're sending paper manuscripts from overseas, that may be part of the problem?

Have you tried the electronic submissions system?
Coming up: "Life Flight," in Analog magazine
Coming up: "The Chaplain's War," from Baen Books
www.bradrtorgersen.com
Nebula, Hugo, and Campbell nominee.

s_c_baker

Postby s_c_baker » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:30 am

I've submitted once through the mail, and multiple times through the electronic system, and received responses each time.

If you prefer to submit by regular mail, but continue to have SASE problems, I would suggest that instead of including one, you indicate that you would prefer an e-mail response. This is what I did on my non-electronic submission, and I received notice of my semi-finalist placement just after the finalists and HMs had been announced, if I remember right.

(Sending through the electronic system does speed up the process by including you in the automatic response group of submitters!)
Stewart C Baker - 1st place, Q2 V32
My contest history: Semi-finalist, R, HM, R, R, HM, HM, R, R, R, R, HM, R, R, R, R, Winner
My published fiction, poetry, &c.

Return to “Problems and Troubleshooting”