WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Got problems with submitting? Need help with the forum? Anything else?
User avatar
E.CaimanSands
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby E.CaimanSands » Wed May 07, 2014 4:48 am

Anyone else having trouble? Anyone know when the ebook version of v.30 is coming out?

The only version available here in the UK right now would cost me over £16 (about US $28) which is kind of excessive especially since I was hoping to get it on kindle anyway, having just bought my first tablet (a kindle fire).

wotf005
SF x 1 (Extreeemely happy snappy gator)
HM x 9 (Happy snappy gator)

"Europa Spring" - buy from Amazon

The Happy Snappy Gator Bog! Er, Blog...

User avatar
Dustin Adams
Posts: 1481
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 am
Location: NY, state of
Contact:

Re: WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby Dustin Adams » Wed May 07, 2014 7:43 am

Gator,
I mean Elinor,

I suggest e-mailing Sarah about that one. I see it's just not available for you in the UK, which makes no sense.

I wish I could beam the kindle version to you. From what I understand, the words are the same in the US as they are in the UK. wotf011
2x Finalist
1x Semi
2x Silver
7x HM
Eight EDF stories. DSF: Flash1. Flash2. Short Story. My Semi-F

User avatar
E.CaimanSands
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby E.CaimanSands » Wed May 07, 2014 7:53 am

Dustin Adams wrote:Gator,
I mean Elinor,

I suggest e-mailing Sarah about that one. I see it's just not available for you in the UK, which makes no sense.

I wish I could beam the kindle version to you. From what I understand, the words are the same in the US as they are in the UK. wotf011


Sarah? Who be Sarah? wotf021
She be edible? wotf007


Shhhh, Gator. Shhhhhh. I've already fed you today. wotf002
SF x 1 (Extreeemely happy snappy gator)
HM x 9 (Happy snappy gator)

"Europa Spring" - buy from Amazon

The Happy Snappy Gator Bog! Er, Blog...

User avatar
Dustin Adams
Posts: 1481
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 am
Location: NY, state of
Contact:

Re: WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby Dustin Adams » Wed May 07, 2014 8:00 am

There's two salesladies over there. In the past I've had a fun conversation with either Sarah or ... well I've deleted the e-mails, so I don't remember. But she exists, really she does.

sarahc@galaxypress.com
2x Finalist
1x Semi
2x Silver
7x HM
Eight EDF stories. DSF: Flash1. Flash2. Short Story. My Semi-F

User avatar
E.CaimanSands
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby E.CaimanSands » Wed May 07, 2014 10:17 am

Dustin Adams wrote:There's two salesladies over there. In the past I've had a fun conversation with either Sarah or ... well I've deleted the e-mails, so I don't remember. But she exists, really she does.

sarahc@galaxypress.com


Thanks. I think I'll send 'em a mail.
SF x 1 (Extreeemely happy snappy gator)
HM x 9 (Happy snappy gator)

"Europa Spring" - buy from Amazon

The Happy Snappy Gator Bog! Er, Blog...

george nik.
Posts: 819
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:10 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:

Re: WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby george nik. » Wed May 07, 2014 1:42 pm

We can't have V30 in Greece either, as I already mentioned in another thread.

But someday...
George Nikolopoulos
WOTF: 1 SF, 3 HM
Fiction (EN): 34 stories sold, 25 published
Fiction (GR): c.10 stories published & a children’s novel
Amazon Page

User avatar
Dustin Adams
Posts: 1481
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 am
Location: NY, state of
Contact:

Re: WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby Dustin Adams » Thu May 08, 2014 1:42 am

It seems insane that you can't just buy it electronically. All our technology and there are still these silly limitations.

I wonder, if you say visited the US, could you get things from amazon.com? Or would you also need a US bank account or card to draw from? Then again, there are Amazon gift cards... But they might be coded too. What a pain. wotf020
2x Finalist
1x Semi
2x Silver
7x HM
Eight EDF stories. DSF: Flash1. Flash2. Short Story. My Semi-F

User avatar
E.CaimanSands
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby E.CaimanSands » Thu May 08, 2014 4:03 am

Dustin Adams wrote:It seems insane that you can't just buy it electronically. All our technology and there are still these silly limitations.

I wonder, if you say visited the US, could you get things from amazon.com? Or would you also need a US bank account or card to draw from? Then again, there are Amazon gift cards... But they might be coded too. What a pain. wotf020


It looks like Amazon.com will take my credit card for paper books, but for kindle books in place of the "Buy" button it just says "Kindle titles are available for UK customers on Amazon.co.uk". The kindle doesn't seem to be out yet anyway.

I've tried buying epubs before from Barnes and Noble but they certainly don't take UK credit cards.

The paper copy from Amazon.com is marginally cheaper but of course there's the long wait and worry that it might not arrive at all. wotf004 (My problems getting paper copies of Asimov's here in the swamp are infamous). So I'll probably get it over here, or just wait and hope the ebook arrives eventually!
SF x 1 (Extreeemely happy snappy gator)
HM x 9 (Happy snappy gator)

"Europa Spring" - buy from Amazon

The Happy Snappy Gator Bog! Er, Blog...

User avatar
Dustin Adams
Posts: 1481
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 am
Location: NY, state of
Contact:

Re: WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby Dustin Adams » Thu May 08, 2014 5:51 am

Elinor,

If you (or anyone else) ever needs me to act as a go-between, I'm happy to. I have free shipping with Amazon to me, and I can package and mail overseas. We can work out reimbursement through Paypal, which converts easily between currencies.
2x Finalist
1x Semi
2x Silver
7x HM
Eight EDF stories. DSF: Flash1. Flash2. Short Story. My Semi-F

User avatar
E.CaimanSands
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby E.CaimanSands » Thu May 08, 2014 9:33 am

Thanks, Dustin, that's kind, though for now I think I'm just going to wait a bit and see what happens. I'll get a copy eventually I'm sure! wotf007
SF x 1 (Extreeemely happy snappy gator)
HM x 9 (Happy snappy gator)

"Europa Spring" - buy from Amazon

The Happy Snappy Gator Bog! Er, Blog...

User avatar
Ishmael
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:47 am
Location: Stirlingshire, UK

Re: WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby Ishmael » Thu May 15, 2014 4:56 am

E.CaimanSands wrote:I've tried buying epubs before from Barnes and Noble but they certainly don't take UK credit cards.


On the other hand they do have a UK site at http://www.nook.com/gb/ though so far as I can see Volume 30 has not yet arrived there.

You will however be pleased to hear that there is no waiting list for the work of another master story-teller.
http://www.nook.com/gb/ebooks/the-prophets-of-baal-by-philip-brian-hall/2940045340120

Are there no limits to the depths to which this man will sink?
wotf002
1 x SF, 2 x SHM, 9 x HM, WotF batting average .545
Blog The View From Sliabh Mannan.

User avatar
E.CaimanSands
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: WotF Volumes Availability Overseas

Postby E.CaimanSands » Thu May 15, 2014 11:54 am

Ishmael wrote:
E.CaimanSands wrote:I've tried buying epubs before from Barnes and Noble but they certainly don't take UK credit cards.


On the other hand they do have a UK site at http://www.nook.com/gb/ though so far as I can see Volume 30 has not yet arrived there.

You will however be pleased to hear that there is no waiting list for the work of another master story-teller.
http://www.nook.com/gb/ebooks/the-prophets-of-baal-by-philip-brian-hall/2940045340120

Are there no limits to the depths to which this man will sink?
wotf002


A GB Nook site!! Yay! Thanks for that, Ish. That must be new, never seen that before, not that I really need it now I've got a kindle fire HD. wotf004

In other news, the cost of the WotF pb version has plummeted on Amazon uk so that's not so bad. I'm still holding out a bit though in hope of getting a kindle copy for my nice shiny new kindle... Image
SF x 1 (Extreeemely happy snappy gator)
HM x 9 (Happy snappy gator)

"Europa Spring" - buy from Amazon

The Happy Snappy Gator Bog! Er, Blog...


Return to “Problems and Troubleshooting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests