friend who is a writeR

Got problems with submitting? Need help with the forum? Anything else?
017hnoor

friend who is a writeR

Postby 017hnoor » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi, I have a friend who is a writer. His genre is not sci-fi. He is frustrated with not being able to create his writing and get it published to the degree that he'd like. Is there any help he can receive from Writers of the Future even though he doesn't write sci-fi? He's an awesome guy and I would like to offer him some help.
NOOR

orbivillein

Re: friend who is a writeR

Postby orbivillein » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:19 am

Most everything structural a science fiction story entails applies to most any other genre and form. Many aesthetics qualities also span all genres and forms.

One structural-aesthetic area science fiction requires different from other genres is imaginative science and technology be essential to the story: hard science fiction, probable imaginative physical science and technology; soft science fiction, probable imaginative social science and technology. Fantasy science fiction spans into improbable or impossible imaginative physical and social sciences and technology and maybe arts. And crossovers between the three subgenres. W&IotF considers fantasy genres too, not horror per se.

Advise your writer friend to join the conversation. That's best for improving writing and storytelling skills: practice and networking.

storysinger

Postby storysinger » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 am

orbivillein wrote:Advise your writer friend to join the conversation. That's best for improving writing and storytelling skills: practice and networking.

Very good advice there. A lot of helpful people willing to share knowledge on this forum.
HM-1
Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality.
D.R.Sweeney

Dustin Adams

Postby Dustin Adams » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:55 am

I believe this is SPAM.
But Martin and Kary are kinda busy. wotf011
2x Finalist
1x Semi
2x Silver
7x HM
Eight EDF stories. DSF: Flash1. Flash2. Short Story. My Semi-F

Return to “Problems and Troubleshooting”