Q1 crit exchange under 10K

For confidential exchange of story critiques
Ishmael

Q1 crit exchange under 10K

Postby Ishmael » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:07 am

For crit exchange to anyone out there who's in the mood. SF under 10,000 contemplated for Q1 / 33.

I know I always say that the most recent one is the best thing I've ever written and this is also the fourth lengthy short story I've written since the summer, but at the moment it feels different somehow.

For only the second time in my WotF career I'd particularly appreciate offers of help with this from female forumites, but other genders most welcome too.

wotf008
1 x SF, 2 x SHM, 10 x HM, WotF batting average .565
Blog The View From Sliabh Mannan.

LDWriter2

Re: Q1 crit exchange under 10K

Postby LDWriter2 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Ishmael wrote:For crit exchange to anyone out there who's in the mood. SF under 10,000 contemplated for Q1 / 33.

I know I always say that the most recent one is the best thing I've ever written and this is also the fourth lengthy short story I've written since the summer, but at the moment it feels different somehow.

For only the second time in my WotF career I'd particularly appreciate offers of help with this from female forumites, but other genders most welcome too.

wotf008

Not female obviously but I happen to have a short story that could use a crit. It's under 5,000 though. Haven't decide if I am going to use it with WotF. I have one story for Q1 finished and hopefully being edited but then I wrote this one. It's well it's it-I don't mean ice cream. It is fantasy but I like SF so don't mind going over yours. If it's okay and you can give me two to three weeks-to make sure I don't get interrupted.
Working on turning Lead into Gold.

Four HMs From WotF
The latest was Q1'12
HM-quarter 4 Volume 32
One HM for another contest
published in Strange New Worlds Ten.
Another HM http://onthepremises.com/minis/mini_18.html

disgruntledpeony

Postby disgruntledpeony » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:22 am

I'm up for a trade, and I've finally got some free reading time coming up. Send your story my way, and I'll send you mine once I get it ship-shape. wotf009 I PMed you my e-mail address.
If a person offend you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick. ~ Mark Twain
2015, Q4: R
2016: SF, n/a, SHM, SHM
2017: SHM, n/a, F, ?

cerise

Postby cerise » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:47 pm

I'd be glad to swap, I have a fantasy story around 7k that I could use some feedback for. (It does have a bit of a gay-themed romance, so just let me know if that's not your thing.) I'll PM my email address, send me your story if you're interested and I'll send mine back!

(Edit to add I'm not female lol, but still willing to take a look)

Return to “Story Critique Exchange”