beta reader for novel

Specifics about craft, talent, technique, etc.
LDWriter2

beta reader for novel

Postby LDWriter2 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Just got finished revising a new novel and I decided to see about having a beta reader or three with this one.

But all of a sudden I am having problems finding one much less three.

Anyone here be able to read over a novel for me? Very close to 76,000 words. This is a steampunk tale set in our time. A 20 something young woman is a courier, a member of a group of people who delivery important papers and items for people. Such as contracts, letters, blueprints, mechanical parts-within a certain size-gems, gold, paper money, medicines etc. They may go cross town or cross country. These "runs" can be dangerous for more than one reason, but Kara knows self defense, how to use various weapons, how to pilot airships and land vehicles, and how to run when needed and she has as secret weapon or two her sleeve. She finds that even though she thinks she is well trained, she has some growing up to do and finds that some runs are a lot more dangerous than others.
Working on turning Lead into Gold.

Four HMs From WotF
The latest was Q1'12
HM-quarter 4 Volume 32
One HM for another contest
published in Strange New Worlds Ten.
Another HM http://onthepremises.com/minis/mini_18.html

jficke13

Re: beta reader for novel

Postby jficke13 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:18 am

Good morning,

I might be able to help you. Would you mind first, telling me what you are looking for in a beta reader? And secondly, how quickly you are hoping to have it turned around?

I hope to have a novel to the beta-reading stage in the next couple months and would like it if there's a bit of a community for that sort of thing.
HM x2, Vol. 34 Q4 - 3rd.

LDWriter2

Postby LDWriter2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:13 pm

jficke13 wrote:Good morning,

I might be able to help you. Would you mind first, telling me what you are looking for in a beta reader? And secondly, how quickly you are hoping to have it turned around?

I hope to have a novel to the beta-reading stage in the next couple months and would like it if there's a bit of a community for that sort of thing.

I was thinking: sentences that confuse the reader, wrong names, repeat events, and such. No editing.

I am on Google+ writing communities and GoodReads both of which have people who beta read, some you have to pay. But they have come up blank for me. A month or so ago three said they could but they all seem to be busy right now and no one else is saying they could or would.

Four HMs From WotF
The latest was Q1'12
HM-quarter 4 Volume 32

jficke13

Postby jficke13 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am

LDWriter2 wrote:

I was thinking: sentences that confuse the reader, wrong names, repeat events, and such. No editing.

I am on Google+ writing communities and GoodReads both of which have people who beta read, some you have to pay. But they have come up blank for me. A month or so ago three said they could but they all seem to be busy right now and no one else is saying they could or would.

I'll give it a read, but it might take me a couple weeks to turn around it that's alright.
HM x2, Vol. 34 Q4 - 3rd.

LDWriter2

Postby LDWriter2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:09 pm

jficke13 wrote:
LDWriter2 wrote:

I'll give it a read, but it might take me a couple weeks to turn around it that's alright.

Okay, is your E-mail on your profile?

Four HMs From WotF
The latest was Q1'12
HM-quarter 4 Volume 32

Return to “Writing: Craft, Talent, Technique”