Odd writing resource question

Specifics about craft, talent, technique, etc.
yoyo123

Odd writing resource question

Postby yoyo123 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:04 am

My grammar has always been pretty decent, but mainly because I read a lot and have internalized conventions. That said, I think it’s time to level up and learn for real so my line by line writing doesn’t contain errors I’m missing due to my own ignorance. So I’m looking for resources, but here’s the challenge: I’m dealing with a (long term but hopefully not permanent) visual impairment, so ideally I’d be looking for something in audio format (video, podcast, audiobook, lecture series, etc.) even if it isn’t intended to be fully grokked without the visual. Anyone have creative ideas? I’ve experimented with screen readers, but so far this has been an inelegant solution. Would love to hear if anyone has used grammar resources with an audio component that were helpful. TIA

Reuben

Re: Odd writing resource question

Postby Reuben » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:42 pm

Well, there's Elements of Style, by William Shrunk. It's a very famous book that covers pretty much all the basics for a budding writer, and since it's in public domain, I imagine there's an audio book of it, although I can't say for sure.
Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. ~ Winston Churchill
V. 37: R, R, R, ?

czing

Postby czing » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:46 pm

Dreyer's English - looks like it has an audio book option. I got the e-book sample on Amazon and really liked what I read of it. I am planning to get it in hard copy.
v36 Q1, Q3 - HM; Q4 - R
v37 Q1 - R; Q2 - SHM

yoyo123

Postby yoyo123 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:46 pm

I will give the audio versions a look, thanks!

Return to “Writing: Craft, Talent, Technique”