Calling on all able Illustrators! (http://www.fjordgames.com/artchallenge)
D.A.W.N. herself demands your participation to imagine the dystopian future of D.A.W.N.s legacy.
This is your chance to add your illustration to Dusk of D.A.W.N., for all players to be seen and used in the game.
Below you’ll find a description of the the content D.A.W.N desires. She is looking for originality, creativity and a modern cyberpunk look. To get a feel for the world you're about to become an immortal part of, watch the game intro http://youtu.be/F49adZSG_WM and check out our website http://www.fjordgames.com/duskofdawn
What’s my benefit in taking part?
- Have your Illustration seen by the whole world and by D.A.W.N.
- Be part of the game’s credits as an artist and engrave your name in the Illustration library for digital eternity
- Possibility to establish a business relationship with Fjord Games and design even more cards in the future.
- Get 3 month of premium membership for the game for free (Worth approx. $ 52) if you make it to round #2 of the contest.
- Get 12 months of premium membership for the game for free (Worth approx. $ 210) if your Illustration makes it into the game.
What are the conditions?
- Pick one or more cards for which you would like to create an illustration (final resolution is 248 x 158 pixels). Please try to stay as close to our established art-style as possible.
- Send your result(s) to: email@example.com until Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 12pm EST. Please make sure to include your full name and the signed submission form (http://www.fjordgames.com/img/fg/duskofdawn/artchallenge/release_form_english.pdf) in your email. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- If the quality roughly matches our quality standards, you will automatically make it into round #2 and your illustration will be displayed on our company homepage. With this, you will also be entitled to get 3 months of premium membership with the release of the game.
- We will decide which illustration for each card wins the challenge. The winning artists are entitled to get 12 months of premium membership with the release of the game, will be mentioned in the game’s credits as artists and we might get back to you to get more illustration jobs done in the future.
- All participants that made it into round #2 will be notified by February 21, 2014 and their Artwork will be released in the fanart gallery on February 23, 2014. The 10 winners will be announced on February 25, 2014.
The cards D.A.W.N. wants!
To get an idea of the game’s style, just browse through our card library and have a look at the existing illustrations:
You can also head over to http://www.duskofdawn.com and just experience the game!
These are the cards for which D.A.W.N. wants you to create your awesome art:
Undercover Agent (Common Unit)
inspiration: The undercover agent is a seasoned veteran, maybe an ex-merc or an ex-cop. He knows how to infiltrate the enemy lines and how to lay sabotage on the enemy’s strategies.
Communication Uplink (Common Strategy)
inspiration: Sometimes it is important to communicate complex orders directly and quickly to get the most efficiency from your employees. A complex network of satellites and antennas and as well as some capable men to keep the thing running are a must have.
Heavy Tank (Rare Unit)
inspiration: If you don’t feel safe enough, a heavy tank may be the protection you are looking for. Nothing will easily stop this basilisk of steel. And more importantly: no one would want to directly face the large double-barreled cannon of this beast. Not to mention the anti-air rocket launcher at the back of the tank.
Elite Sniper (Rare Unit)
inspiration: The sniper is the soldier you will give a contract to if your enemy trusts too much in physical protection, like heavily armored mercs or vehicles. One good aimed bullet will find the weak spot in the enemies protection to take out the target. This elite sniper already found a lot of weak spots in his lifetime ...
Command Post (Rare Building)
inspiration: Every good militaristic corporation will know how to put all soldiers to good use. Efficiency and cunning are the keywords. To keep these traits up, it is clear that an investment is mandatory. But the generals and officers in the command post will put this money to good use!
EMP Launcher (Rare Building)
inspiration: If you face an army of deadly vehicles and fierce drones, it’s often a good idea to throw some long-range EMP grenades into the battlefield. The shells of this artillery-like weapon will briefly take out electronic devices for a short period of time, rendering vehicles and drones incapable of acting.
Defense Grid (Epic Building)
inspiration: Imagine a modern fort, a bulwark of a building, packed with weapons and top-notch technology to fend off any infiltrators. Being trapped in the vicinity of the defense grid will make any attempt of retreat difficult.
Kamikaze (Epic Tactic)
inspiration: You as a CEO sometimes wonder about the infinite loyalty of your employees. But why would you care? If you can tell your soldier to run on a kamikaze-mission and he does so without questions, shouldn’t that make you a happy CEO? You immoral lowlife ...
Gauss Cannon (Legendary Building)
inspiration: This gigantic artillery cannon is one of the latest inventions. It is mounted on rails to catch the recoil … do I need to say more? Oh, yeah, and a hit of its projectiles is deadlier than death itself.
Heavy Battlemech (Legendary Unit)
inspiration: Battlemechs are of rare use, as their chance to fall on the ground comes with a certain risk. However, a battlemech is a good alternative to any tank on rough terrain. Or when walking across the ruins of your enemy ...