Chappy Fiction Time Travel Anthology

Traditional Publishing, Independent Publishing, Hybrid, Old Model, New Model, Etc.
User avatar
Martin L. Shoemaker
Posts: 4267
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:20 am
Location: Michigan (more or less)
Contact:

Chappy Fiction Time Travel Anthology

Postby Martin L. Shoemaker » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:28 am

Chappy Fiction (run by this year's Published Finalist, Zach Chapman) has announced an open call for a pro rate time travel anthology. V31 winners Auston Habershaw and I are the "anchor" authors, meaning our stories have been pre-accepted, but there's still lots of time to submit.
http://Shoemaker.Space
Other worlds from award-winning author Martin L. Shoemaker

WRITE! WRITE! WRITE! WRITE! WRITE!
SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT!
REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT!
Patience. Patience. Patience. Patience. Patience.
NNiNN

User avatar
MattDovey
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:33 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Chappy Fiction Time Travel Anthology

Postby MattDovey » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:27 am

Ooh - I have a time travel story lurking that's in need of a polish. Pretty short-ish as well, ~1500 words in its current (non-final) incarnation.

I shall have to give it a polish. Cheers!
Golden Pen winner v32 (2016)
Stories | About | Facebook | Twitter

User avatar
storysinger
Posts: 710
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:00 pm
Location: Pensacola

Re: Chappy Fiction Time Travel Anthology

Postby storysinger » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:12 am

Thanks for the prompt Martin. I've never written a story about time travel but it's definitely time to make an attempt. If I can only find the time.
HM-1
Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality.
D.R.Sweeney

george nik.
Posts: 824
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:10 pm
Location: Athens, Greece
Contact:

Re: Chappy Fiction Time Travel Anthology

Postby george nik. » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:15 am

storysinger wrote:Thanks for the prompt Martin. I've never written a story about time travel but it's definitely time to make an attempt. If I can only find the time.

At least you won't have to worry about a deadline. wotf007
George Nikolopoulos
WOTF: 1 SF, 1 SHM, 4 HM
Fiction (EN): 43 stories sold, 29 published
Fiction (GR): c.10 stories published & a children’s novel
Amazon Page

User avatar
Dustin Adams
Posts: 1524
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 am
Location: NY, state of
Contact:

Re: Chappy Fiction Time Travel Anthology

Postby Dustin Adams » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:16 am

george nik. wrote:
storysinger wrote:Thanks for the prompt Martin. I've never written a story about time travel but it's definitely time to make an attempt. If I can only find the time.

At least you won't have to worry about a deadline. wotf007

wotf019
2x Finalist
1x Semi
2x Silver
9x HM
Eight EDF stories. DSF: Flash1. Flash2. Short Story. My Semi-F

LawrenceVanHoof
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:55 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Contact:

Re: Chappy Fiction Time Travel Anthology

Postby LawrenceVanHoof » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:14 am

I didn’t think I would have an entry for the anthology, but ended up whipping off a flash piece before Christmas. Pretty happy with it actually.

When I went back to the website, I saw the link for ‘Today I Am Paul’. A great story, Martin. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it on the finalist lists next year for the Hugo/Nebula.
Oops, where did that idea go? I had it a minute ago....

http://www.lawrencevanhoof.com

User avatar
Martin L. Shoemaker
Posts: 4267
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:20 am
Location: Michigan (more or less)
Contact:

Re: Chappy Fiction Time Travel Anthology

Postby Martin L. Shoemaker » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:50 pm

LawrenceVanHoof wrote:I didn’t think I would have an entry for the anthology, but ended up whipping off a flash piece before Christmas. Pretty happy with it actually.

When I went back to the website, I saw the link for ‘Today I Am Paul’. A great story, Martin. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it on the finalist lists next year for the Hugo/Nebula.


Thank you! That story is very special to me. Metaphorically it's the story of my mother-in-law's last year of life, so I'm pleased that it has reached so many people.
http://Shoemaker.Space
Other worlds from award-winning author Martin L. Shoemaker

WRITE! WRITE! WRITE! WRITE! WRITE!
SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT! SUBMIT!
REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT!
Patience. Patience. Patience. Patience. Patience.
NNiNN

User avatar
emilymccosh
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:21 pm
Location: California, United States
Contact:

Re: Chappy Fiction Time Travel Anthology

Postby emilymccosh » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Martin L. Shoemaker wrote:
LawrenceVanHoof wrote:I didn’t think I would have an entry for the anthology, but ended up whipping off a flash piece before Christmas. Pretty happy with it actually.

When I went back to the website, I saw the link for ‘Today I Am Paul’. A great story, Martin. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it on the finalist lists next year for the Hugo/Nebula.


Thank you! That story is very special to me. Metaphorically it's the story of my mother-in-law's last year of life, so I'm pleased that it has reached so many people.


Yes! I read that story in Clarkesworld a couple months ago. I agree with Lawrence, it was amazing! wotf010
Contest history: R, R, SHM, R, HM, R, R
1 very hopeful: V34 Q2

oceansinthesky.com | @wordweaveremily

"Remember: Plot is no more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations." ~ Ray Bradbury

hlf
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:38 am

Re: Chappy Fiction Time Travel Anthology

Postby hlf » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:47 pm

Resurrecting this thread because the TOC for this antho was announced AND I have a story in it!

As do some other folk you may recognize from around here.

And to save you one click thru, here's the posted TOC:
Auston Habershaw - The Day it All Went Sideways
Martin L Shoemaker - Visits (with a Stranger)
Tony Pi - Dragon Father's Wounds
Stewart Baker - Proceedings from the First and Only Sixteenth Annual One-Woman Symposium on Time Manipulation
H.L. Fullerton - Grandma Was a Time Machine
Desmond Warzel - I Only Time-Travel During School Hours
Brenda Anderson - A Murder of Crows
SL Huang - The Documentarian
K. Kazul Wolf - Come One, Come All
Steve Simpson - Danta in Black
Brian Trent - Omnipunks
Rasheedah Phillips - The Convention
Alter Reiss - If the Stars Reverse their Courses, if the Rivers Run Back from the Sea
David Steffen - A Switch in Time
Catherine Wells - Into the Desolation
Alisa Alering - Absolute Pony
John Frochio - The Time Traveler's Accountant
Rosemary Claire Smith - Not with a Bang
Robert Silverberg - When We Went to See the End of the World
Sean Williams - A Map of the Mines of Barnath
HL Fullerton


Return to “Publishing: The Business Of”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest