Success!

Traditional Publishing, Independent Publishing, Hybrid, Old Model, New Model, Etc.
jficke13

Re: Success!

Postby jficke13 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:33 am

Thanks all, and congratulations as well!
HM - R - R

Brydar

Postby Brydar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Ok; it has likely been a year since I have posted on this forum. I am attempting to balance family time, writing, and time on various forums. My first ebook was illustrated by a friend and posted to the Draft to Digital Web site. The book is about 200 pages containing 4 short stories about heroes who are more criminal like than hero. The title is: "Evil is in the eye of..." by Chris Lefebvre

I asked various friends and family what I should charge for the download and the consensus was .99 cents. The reason for the low cost is - it IS my first true submission. Reasonable?
Entered V32/Q2, Q3, Q4
Not long ago scientists postulated that our entire universe was quite possibly a hologram. I KNEW it; we ARE in the Matrix!

J'nae Rae

Postby J'nae Rae » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:33 am

Brydar wrote:Ok; it has likely been a year since I have posted on this forum. I am attempting to balance family time, writing, and time on various forums. My first ebook was illustrated by a friend and posted to the Draft to Digital Web site. The book is about 200 pages containing 4 short stories about heroes who are more criminal like than hero. The title is: "Evil is in the eye of..." by Chris Lefebvre

I asked various friends and family what I should charge for the download and the consensus was .99 cents. The reason for the low cost is - it IS my first true submission. Reasonable?

I've sold more with eBook Novelette priced over .99 than I did I'd .99. Just because your new, doesn't mean you have to charge very little. Besides, the more people who give away their work for free or really cheap, the harder it is for us ever to charge enough to make more than Amazon does, on our work.
HM Q1 2015, Q3 & Q4 2016.
R Q1 & Q2 2017
The Trade's On, in Issue 8 of Sci Phi Journal, November 2015
Naidin's Song: Blood Bound, published August 2016
Nine-Tenths, on Empyreome (Weekly Flash Fiction,) June 2017

wotf024

Return to “Publishing: The Business Of”