Success!

Traditional Publishing, Independent Publishing, Hybrid, Old Model, New Model, Etc.
User avatar
Rebecca Birch
Posts: 1735
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 am
Location: Washington (state)
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby Rebecca Birch » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks, Preston, Stewart, and Jeanette!
Rebecca Birch
Finalist - 2, SF - 1, SHM - 1, HM - 18, R - 6
Words of Birch
Short Story Collection--Life Out of Harmony and Other Tales of Wonder

Ember
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:55 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Success!

Postby Ember » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:39 am

Congratulations Stewart! Congratulations Preston and Rebecca! wotf010 all round.
---------------------------
Call me - "klevang" - my login if registration issues get fixed.

Volume 33: Q2 - R ,Q3 - SHM

The "real" Ember is a good friend and let me borrow her account, she won with "Half Past" in Vol. 31

hlf
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:38 am

Re: Success!

Postby hlf » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:45 pm

It's not genre but...I have a story--The Card-- in this January's Flash Fiction Online issue. So, yay, success!

http://flashfictiononline.com
HL Fullerton

User avatar
Rebecca Birch
Posts: 1735
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 am
Location: Washington (state)
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby Rebecca Birch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:50 pm

hlf wrote:It's not genre but...I have a story--The Card-- in this January's Flash Fiction Online issue. So, yay, success!

http://flashfictiononline.com


Way to go, HL!
Rebecca Birch
Finalist - 2, SF - 1, SHM - 1, HM - 18, R - 6
Words of Birch
Short Story Collection--Life Out of Harmony and Other Tales of Wonder

User avatar
s_c_baker
Posts: 3019
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:32 am
Location: Head, inside of
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby s_c_baker » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:04 pm

hlf wrote:It's not genre but...I have a story--The Card-- in this January's Flash Fiction Online issue. So, yay, success!

http://flashfictiononline.com

Huzzah! Grats! wotf007
Stewart C Baker - 1st place, Q2 V32
My contest history: Semi-finalist, R, HM, R, R, HM, HM, R, R, R, R, HM, R, R, R, R, Winner
My published fiction, poetry, &c.

austinDm
Posts: 1123
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Success!

Postby austinDm » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:27 am

hlf wrote:It's not genre but...I have a story--The Card-- in this January's Flash Fiction Online issue. So, yay, success!

http://flashfictiononline.com

Congrats, HL!

User avatar
Rebecca Birch
Posts: 1735
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 am
Location: Washington (state)
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby Rebecca Birch » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:10 am

The new issue of Perihelion Science Fiction, which includes my story, "To Walk the Earth," is now live! http://www.perihelionsf.com/fiction_6.htm

This story was an HM in the WotF contest, and I'm so pleased that it found a home. Lots of great writers in this issue, including Alisa Alering, who was a winner in Volume 29.
Rebecca Birch
Finalist - 2, SF - 1, SHM - 1, HM - 18, R - 6
Words of Birch
Short Story Collection--Life Out of Harmony and Other Tales of Wonder

User avatar
tmaulhardt
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:47 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby tmaulhardt » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:20 am

Congrats Rebecca and HLF! Rebecca has been on fire lately with sales.
Terry Madden: http://www.threewellsofthesea.com/
V.30 Q1 W

austinDm
Posts: 1123
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Success!

Postby austinDm » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:25 am

wotf010 Woot! Congrats, Rebecca!

User avatar
Dustin Adams
Posts: 1614
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 am
Location: NY, state of
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby Dustin Adams » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:24 am

Rebecca's sales fire has been burning pretty steady for some time now. wotf010
2x Finalist
1x Semi
2x Silver
9x HM
Eight EDF stories. DSF: Flash1. Flash2. Short Story. My Semi-F

morshana
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:37 pm
Location: California

Re: Success!

Postby morshana » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:40 am

tmaulhardt wrote:Congrats Rebecca and HLF! Rebecca has been on fire lately with sales.


I second this! wotf007
Jeanette Gonzalez

HM x4, SHM x2, F x1

User avatar
ThomasF
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:03 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: Success!

Postby ThomasF » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:38 am

Hi Rebecca,

I read "To Walk the Earth" online and I liked it a lot. I was surprised it was only an HM in WOTF. Did you revise it much before you sent it to Perihelion?

ThomasF

KbRy
Posts: 118
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:06 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Success!

Postby KbRy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:36 pm

Rebecca Birch wrote:The new issue of Perihelion Science Fiction, which includes my story, "To Walk the Earth," is now live! http://www.perihelionsf.com/fiction_6.htm

This story was an HM in the WotF contest, and I'm so pleased that it found a home. Lots of great writers in this issue, including Alisa Alering, who was a winner in Volume 29.


Congrats! And a lovely story too!
Karen

User avatar
Rebecca Birch
Posts: 1735
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 am
Location: Washington (state)
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby Rebecca Birch » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Thanks, Terry, Austin, Dustin, Jeanette, Thomas, and Karen!

Thomas, in answer to your question, there were a few cosmetic changes to the story, I think, but pretty much the same beast that went to the contest. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

wotf045
Rebecca Birch
Finalist - 2, SF - 1, SHM - 1, HM - 18, R - 6
Words of Birch
Short Story Collection--Life Out of Harmony and Other Tales of Wonder

User avatar
preston
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: Success!

Postby preston » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:36 pm

Rebecca Birch wrote:Thanks, Terry, Austin, Dustin, Jeanette, Thomas, and Karen!

Thomas, in answer to your question, there were a few cosmetic changes to the story, I think, but pretty much the same beast that went to the contest. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

wotf045


Nice story. wotf010 Congrats, Rebecca!

User avatar
preston
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: Success!

Postby preston » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:02 pm

My flash fiction story, "Next!" has just been published in Perihelion's short story section.
Yay!
http://perihelionsf.com/anomalies.htm

User avatar
Rebecca Birch
Posts: 1735
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 am
Location: Washington (state)
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby Rebecca Birch » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:14 pm

preston wrote:My flash fiction story, "Next!" has just been published in Perihelion's short story section.
Yay!
http://perihelionsf.com/anomalies.htm


Congratulations, Preston!

wotf010
Rebecca Birch
Finalist - 2, SF - 1, SHM - 1, HM - 18, R - 6
Words of Birch
Short Story Collection--Life Out of Harmony and Other Tales of Wonder

User avatar
klaatu
Posts: 755
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Lincoln, UK
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby klaatu » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:03 pm

Cool!

Congrats, Preston.


Steve
http://www.stevecameron.com.au

austinDm
Posts: 1123
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:24 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Success!

Postby austinDm » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:15 am

Congrats, Preston!

User avatar
Dustin Adams
Posts: 1614
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:47 am
Location: NY, state of
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby Dustin Adams » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:14 am

Way to go!
I keep seeing your name in here. Awesome.
2x Finalist
1x Semi
2x Silver
9x HM
Eight EDF stories. DSF: Flash1. Flash2. Short Story. My Semi-F

storysinger
Posts: 1038
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:00 pm
Location: Pensacola

Re: Success!

Postby storysinger » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:24 am

That's an entertaining read Preston. Congrats to you.
I'm filling a spray bottle with bleach and searching the premises for any sign of the moldy stuff. wotf011
HM-V32/Q3
HM-V36/Q4
Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality.
D.R.Sweeney

User avatar
klaatu
Posts: 755
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:33 pm
Location: Lincoln, UK
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby klaatu » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:19 pm

All sales are good, but some are better than others.

I'm thrilled to announce that I've sold a story to award winning publisher Keith Stevenson at Dimension6, due for publication in October (Issue 3).

Oh, and this story was my V30Q4 reject. Another DF refugee that has sold well. :)

This means I join the fabulous Cat Sparks, Robert Hood and Richard Harland in the lineup for this magazine's first year.

And if you haven't subbed yet, the reading period is still open for another 8 days.

http://keithstevenson.com/CDLblog/dimension6/


Steve
http://www.stevecameron.com.au

User avatar
preston
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: Success!

Postby preston » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:37 pm

klaatu wrote:All sales are good, but some are better than others.

I'm thrilled to announce that I've sold a story to award winning publisher Keith Stevenson at Dimension6, due for publication in October (Issue 3).

Oh, and this story was my V30Q4 reject. Another DF refugee that has sold well. :)

This means I join the fabulous Cat Sparks, Robert Hood and Richard Harland in the lineup for this magazine's first year.

And if you haven't subbed yet, the reading period is still open for another 8 days.

http://keithstevenson.com/CDLblog/dimension6/


Steve


Nice going, Steve. Keep on finding homes for those refugees!

User avatar
preston
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: Success!

Postby preston » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:38 pm

Oh, and thanks, guys! I hope to post here again real soon now. wotf011

Ember
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:55 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Success!

Postby Ember » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:29 am

HL, Rebecca and Preston I read your stories and thought they were great!

Congrats Steve and thanks for the link! I submitted a story right before the deadline (I tend to write short so I only had *one* story that fit their word count!!) I've been meaning to submit to Australian markets as I haven't done much of that. (Mostly because I am slack at submitting.)

A while back I made my third sale to DSF which I am excited about! No idea when it comes out though.
---------------------------
Call me - "klevang" - my login if registration issues get fixed.

Volume 33: Q2 - R ,Q3 - SHM

The "real" Ember is a good friend and let me borrow her account, she won with "Half Past" in Vol. 31

User avatar
preston
Posts: 1015
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: Success!

Postby preston » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:05 am

Ember wrote:HL, Rebecca and Preston I read your stories and thought they were great!

Congrats Steve and thanks for the link! I submitted a story right before the deadline (I tend to write short so I only had *one* story that fit their word count!!) I've been meaning to submit to Australian markets as I haven't done much of that. (Mostly because I am slack at submitting.)

A while back I made my third sale to DSF which I am excited about! No idea when it comes out though.


Thanks Ember, and congrats on your third DSF sale. I've made the final round twice there, but still no luck.

User avatar
s_c_baker
Posts: 3019
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:32 am
Location: Head, inside of
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby s_c_baker » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Some nice ToC-mates there, Steve! Nice going. wotf010

Belated congrats on your DSF sale, too, Ember!
Stewart C Baker - 1st place, Q2 V32
My contest history: Semi-finalist, R, HM, R, R, HM, HM, R, R, R, R, HM, R, R, R, R, Winner
My published fiction, poetry, &c.

hlf
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:38 am

Re: Success!

Postby hlf » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:21 am

I have a story up today at Buzzy: A Game of Brinkmanship at Copper Beach

http://buzzymag.com/a-game-of-brinkmanship-at-copper-beach-by-h-l-fullerton/
HL Fullerton

katsincommand
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 3:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby katsincommand » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:53 am

Just wanted to say you guys are awesome. :D Congrats to Annie, Martin, Stewart, Rebecca, jennifer and HLF. :)

(Yeah I know, I haven't been on the forum all winter, it's been INSANE).
Dawn Bonanno
http://www.dmbonanno.com

SF 2 / HM 6 / R 16 / Total 24 Entries

User avatar
Rebecca Birch
Posts: 1735
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 am
Location: Washington (state)
Contact:

Re: Success!

Postby Rebecca Birch » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:18 am

Congratulations, HL! Fabulous!
Rebecca Birch
Finalist - 2, SF - 1, SHM - 1, HM - 18, R - 6
Words of Birch
Short Story Collection--Life Out of Harmony and Other Tales of Wonder


Return to “Publishing: The Business Of”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest