Developmental Editor

Traditional Publishing, Independent Publishing, Hybrid, Old Model, New Model, Etc.
thegirlintheglasses

Developmental Editor

Postby thegirlintheglasses » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm

How do you guys go about finding a professional editor? I have a novelette I need to revisit, but I'll also have a novel (hopefully) in a couple months. I've used a copy editor I found on Facebook one time, but I think I want a developmental editor. Any resources out there? Recommendations? Thanks for the help.
Brittany Rainsdon
R-SHM-HM-R-HM

Dustin Adams

Re: Developmental Editor

Postby Dustin Adams » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:46 am

Brittany,

Developmental or professional?

Like, someone to work with you on ideas, or final-stages?

I owe you some pages, but I'm not at the pro level, so if you're ready for that I can recommend my wife... She has a minimum of 100 pages, and tends to be the one folks turn to when they are ready to submit and need one last pro to look it over.

Send me an e-mail and we can talk further. wotf007
2x Finalist
1x Semi
2x Silver
9x HM
Eight EDF stories. DSF: Flash1. Flash2. Short Story. My Semi-F

LDWriter2

Postby LDWriter2 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:46 pm

I know of some editors even though they cost. I could give you E-mail or web pages addresses.

But I have need for a beta reader or two. One for a novel just sitting there for a month or two, revised and everything, and one for a novel I will be finishing very shortly, if I can get the very end the way I want it. Parts of that one have been revised. Two different genre
Working on turning Lead into Gold.

Four HMs From WotF
The latest was Q1'12
HM-quarter 4 Volume 32
One HM for another contest
published in Strange New Worlds Ten.
Another HM http://onthepremises.com/minis/mini_18.html

thegirlintheglasses

Postby thegirlintheglasses » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:09 am

Dustin Adams wrote:Brittany,

Developmental or professional?

Like, someone to work with you on ideas, or final-stages?

I owe you some pages, but I'm not at the pro level, so if you're ready for that I can recommend my wife... She has a minimum of 100 pages, and tends to be the one folks turn to when they are ready to submit and need one last pro to look it over.

Send me an e-mail and we can talk further. wotf007

Just saw this. I'll send you an email :)
Brittany Rainsdon
R-SHM-HM-R-HM

thegirlintheglasses

Postby thegirlintheglasses » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:18 am

LDWriter2 wrote:I know of some editors even though they cost. I could give you E-mail or web pages addresses.

But I have need for a beta reader or two. One for a novel just sitting there for a month or two, revised and everything, and one for a novel I will be finishing very shortly, if I can get the very end the way I want it. Parts of that one have been revised. Two different genre

I just saw this. Thank you! Yes, please send me an email or post some webpage addresses. I've only ever hired a copy editor before but I'm really looking for someone who will also help me to identify plot holes and inconsistencies before I address any of the copy stuff. Doesn't matter how clean my story reads if it's flawed.
Brittany Rainsdon
R-SHM-HM-R-HM

MattDovey

Postby MattDovey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:36 am

Spencer Ellsworth is an excellent writer and excellent person, and currently open to work: http://spencerellsworth.com/editing-pro ... -services/

(I thoroughly recommend his space opera trilogy, btw, currently A Red Peace + Shadow Sun Seven with Memory's Blade out next month. This month? Soon, anyway!)
Golden Pen winner v32 (2016)
Stories | About | Facebook | Twitter

thegirlintheglasses

Postby thegirlintheglasses » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:30 am

MattDovey wrote:Spencer Ellsworth is an excellent writer and excellent person, and currently open to work: http://spencerellsworth.com/editing-pro ... -services/

(I thoroughly recommend his space opera trilogy, btw, currently A Red Peace + Shadow Sun Seven with Memory's Blade out next month. This month? Soon, anyway!)

Thanks Matt!!! I'll check him out!
Brittany Rainsdon
R-SHM-HM-R-HM

Return to “Publishing: The Business Of”