Analog Rejectomancy?

Traditional Publishing, Independent Publishing, Hybrid, Old Model, New Model, Etc.
chuckt

Analog Rejectomancy?

Postby chuckt » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:34 am

Anyone know the rejectomancy at Analog? I've got a story there longer than the average rejection time. I mean, it's Analog, so I fully expect to get rejected at some point but have I made it past their slush reader to the next level? What's their process?
36: R, R, R, SHM
37: R, HM, R, ?

chuckt

Re: Analog Rejectomancy?

Postby chuckt » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:17 am

Well. For anyone who might find this thread in the future, I did find an online interview with Trevor Quachri, the current editor of Analog. Wow! He reads all the slush. That's amazing.
https://www.diabolicalplots.com/trevor-quachri-interview/

DaneCurley

Postby DaneCurley » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:47 am

chuckt wrote:Well. For anyone who might find this thread in the future, I did find an online interview with Trevor Quachri, the current editor of Analog. Wow! He reads all the slush. That's amazing.
https://www.diabolicalplots.com/trevor-quachri-interview/

One good reason why their response time is 4+ months.

czing

Postby czing » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:46 am

I've been wondering this about Deep Magic too. Since I first learned of it here on the WoTF forum I wondered if anyone here knows much about it and response times etc. Been watching progress on Submission Grinder but I know better than to put too many hopes on what I see there :)
v36 Q1, Q3 - HM; Q4 - R
v37 Q1 - R; Q2 - SHM

chuckt

Postby chuckt » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:34 pm

Wulf does. I do know there are several layers and, at the higher level, some kind of group consensus process to what makes the final round.

Return to “Publishing: The Business Of”