NEW USERS! INTRODUCE YOURSELVES!

Open topics on the Contest itself, to include results-watch threads and other items of note.
Element26

Re: NEW USERS! INTRODUCE YOURSELVES!

Postby Element26 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Hello to all here. Yes, I'm a newbie to the site, hoping to submit some work and receive both great and terrible reviews such that will promise the production of great work from me as time passes. I look forward to hearing from some of you, and hopefully with some insight for me as to how best to navigate this site for best effects.

Yours truly, Dayna, AKA Element26 and as the penname: Ironworker

wotf011

P.S. I'd like to submit some writing and enter the contest. How might I do that?

disgruntledpeony

Postby disgruntledpeony » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Element26 wrote:Hello to all here. Yes, I'm a newbie to the site, hoping to submit some work and receive both great and terrible reviews such that will promise the production of great work from me as time passes. I look forward to hearing from some of you, and hopefully with some insight for me as to how best to navigate this site for best effects.

Yours truly, Dayna, AKA Element26 and as the penname: Ironworker

wotf011

P.S. I'd like to submit some writing and enter the contest. How might I do that?

Hello and welcome! If you're in need of writing resources, I have a thread for that here.

As for how to submit your writing, I recommend reading the contest rules:

https://www.writersofthefuture.com/cont ... s-writers/

I also recommend using manuscript format for your story, with the caveats that a) Dave prefers italics to underscoring and b) you want to make sure your submission is anonymous before sending it in.
If a person offend you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick. ~ Mark Twain

R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, ?

storysinger

Postby storysinger » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:36 am

Welcome AaronSmith and Dayna. There are many people here willing to help you learn the path to success. Enjoy. wotf007
HM-1
Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality.
D.R.Sweeney

Element26

Postby Element26 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:01 am

Thank you Storysinger, nice name, I will attempt to be studious of the rules and avail myself of the tools. See you in print. wotf008

Wulf Moon

Postby Wulf Moon » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:45 am

Welcome Hannah, Simplify, Element 26, and Aaron! Good to have you here. Thanks for taking my advice and being Johnny on the Spot, Aaron. A note to all the new: there's still time to take my 3/4 challenge if you're feeling brave. Just go over to Moon's SUPER SECRET Bonus Challenge and say you are in. Aside from that, do post to the quarter you are entering, as most of the chatter happens there. Enjoy all the shared wisdom in the various topics, or post your own if you have a question. We're here to help!

All the beast,

Moon
Wulf Moon
Q4 Vol 35 "Super-Duper Moongirl..."
Annual Critters Readers' Choice Award: First Place, "War Dog," Best SF&F Short Story of 2018
BlogTalk interview: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/rithebard/ ... ith-sherri

mhkuch

Postby mhkuch » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:43 pm

Hello Mr. Torgersen! It's a pleasure to finally meet you!
The name's Mikko H. Kuch, a civil engineer with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. I've been wanting to try my hand at the pen for quite some time so I finally put together my first short story and submitted it for the first quarter of 2019! I'm about to deploy on a mission out to the Middle East and I'm hoping to further develop the craft during my down time, however much I might have, haha!
wotf039 wotf044

storysinger

Postby storysinger » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Welcome to the forum Mikko. I wonder if you can get a leave when you win the contest.
Good luck here and definitely good luck there. Thank you for your service.
HM-1
Today's science fiction is tomorrow's reality.
D.R.Sweeney

Return to “The Contest - Quarterly Topics, and Other Items”