Discussion: Q1 Volume 36

Open topics on the Contest itself, to include results-watch threads and other items of note.
disgruntledpeony

Re: Discussion: Q1 Volume 36

Postby disgruntledpeony » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:02 am

Dragonchef wrote:
disgruntledpeony wrote:*sets up pillow fort and plate of cookies, just in case--it is Thursday, after all*

Forget Thursday. It's FRIDAY EVE! Thinking Thursday causes stress. Friday Eve means it's time to pour a glass, or mug, of something truly enjoyable, crack those sleepy knuckles, and get your fingertips awalking. Mr. Moon has the right of it.

Thinking Thursday only causes me stress if I let it. I never expect my stories to make Finalist (still shocked that one of them did). That gives a certain freedom, because if I don't expect to place in the contest I can just sit back and enjoy the ride. I expect the rejection (because everything even up to SF is still a rejection) and am pleasantly surprised if things go differently.
If a person offend you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick. ~ Mark Twain

R, SF, SHM, SHM, SHM, F, R, HM, SHM, R, HM, R, F

Dragonchef

Postby Dragonchef » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:35 am

disgruntledpeony wrote: (because everything even up to SF is still a rejection)

I would be over the moon (no offense and/or reference to our beloved Wulfy) to have a SF. That would mean I have crossed another hurtle and am now a few steps away from the Stars! It also means I need to step up my game and see where I lack.

Wulfy: You are an incredible inspiration (how many years in the making of a winner are you again?) for the rest of us. You have proven to us all that this goal we so eagerly desire is truly obtainable.

Martin L. Shoemaker: I did not mean to leave you out as an inspiration. Since you won back in v31 (or was it 32?) I have been driving ever forward.

I, as should we all, feel ever closer to that goal...so close I can taste the Mediterranean Dinner already.
R = 4
HM = 1(Q4v36)
SHM = 1 (Q3v32)
WINs = Zip
F = Zero
SF = Zilcho
wotf013

disgruntledpeony

Postby disgruntledpeony » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:39 am

Dragonchef wrote:

I would be over the moon (no offense and/or reference to our beloved Wulfy) to have a SF. That would mean I have crossed another hurtle and am now a few steps away from the Stars! It also means I need to step up my game and see where I lack.

SHM is only one step below SF, so you're doing pretty good. At that point, I think it mostly comes down to a combination of craftsmanship and Dave's personal preference. (Also, getting your speculative element in the first four pages--if not the first one. My SF critique said the story was slow to introduce the speculative element, and that combined with some telling instead of showing ended up costing me the top eight.) Getting my finalist call was a wonderful thrill, but not getting the win/getting an R and an HM on my next two stories is part of what led to my dropping out of writing for about six months. I started questioning myself/self-rejecting, and that's never a good idea. (Working while pregnant also contributed a fair amount, I'm not gonna lie. My focus while pregnant was shot.)

Judging the quality of one's work by where it places in this contest can be a dangerous thing. Better to keep writing and submitting to a variety of markets. It helps build up armor against rejections and, while that armor may sometimes become damaged, it's repairable--otherwise I wouldn't be back in the game. wotf007
If a person offend you, and you are in doubt as to whether it was intentional or not, do not resort to extreme measures; simply watch your chance and hit him with a brick. ~ Mark Twain

KD Julicher

Postby KD Julicher » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:49 am

Non-winning Finalist is a rejection too. Just a really, really high level one. And that's ok! This contest only publishes three stories a quarter, out of hundreds or thousands of entries. All we can do is make sure to get ours in and have it be the best we can.

Who else got an invitation from Joni last night to attend the gala? I will admit for a minute I thought maybe it was the first wave...
WOTF: HM x 9, SHMx1, SF x 1, F V31 Q3, V32 Q2, V32 Q4, V34 Q3, V36 Q1
Baen Fantasy Award Winner 2014
V32 Published Finalist

disgruntledpeony

Postby disgruntledpeony » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:53 am

KD Julicher wrote:

Non-winning Finalist is a rejection too. Just a really, really high level one. And that's ok! This contest only publishes three stories a quarter, out of hundreds or thousands of entries. All we can do is make sure to get ours in and have it be the best we can.

Truth! Well spoken--err, typed.

Dragonchef

Postby Dragonchef » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:28 am

KD Julicher wrote:Who else got an invitation from Joni last night to attend the gala?

I did, as well. The email stated she sent the invite to all who submitted for Q2.
R = 4
HM = 1(Q4v36)
SHM = 1 (Q3v32)
WINs = Zip
F = Zero
SF = Zilcho
wotf013

Dragonchef

Postby Dragonchef » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:50 am

disgruntledpeony wrote:(Working while pregnant also contributed a fair amount, I'm not gonna lie. My focus while pregnant was shot.)
Judging the quality of one's work by where it places in this contest can be a dangerous thing. Better to keep writing and submitting to a variety of markets. It helps build up armor against rejections and, while that armor may sometimes become damaged, it's repairable--otherwise I wouldn't be back in the game. wotf007

I dropped for a spell myself, allowing other "things" to interfere (not that having "things" can even begin to compare to having twins --most fantastic and admirable congratulations to you-BTW). Those things caused a heavy bit of writer's block, and every time I sat at my computer and brought up a story in the works the mind went blank. So I started back with some writing prompts, some critiques, read a few books...and left the "in progress" stories alone to allow the new stuff swimming in my head to come to life. And here I am, on the edge of my seat with the rest of your beautiful hopefuls, in Mr. Moon's Fresh and Fruity 4-in-4 Challenge, waiting for a word from our sponsor, or the next quarter, which ever comes first.
wotf017
And since it is Friday Eve, I think I will treat myself to a dram of some fine 21YO Scotch tonight while hammering out preps for Q3.

Congrats to all you fellow WotFers. Whether we get a call or not, we are all winners. Believe it, or not.
wotf052
R = 4
HM = 1(Q4v36)
SHM = 1 (Q3v32)
WINs = Zip
F = Zero
SF = Zilcho
wotf013

JVAshley

Postby JVAshley » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:32 am

disgruntledpeony wrote:*sets up pillow fort and plate of cookies, just in case--it is Thursday, after all*

Can I join you if I bring a blankie?
I just received an R on an R&R for my novel. So, Thursday started with a bang for me.
1x SF
3x HM
2x R

Wulf Moon

Postby Wulf Moon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Dragonchef, to answer your question, I've been entering for 25 years. Like disgruntledpeony, there were times I'd get so frustrated by rejections, I'd take a break for awhile, but I always came back. Over those years, and they go back to Algis Budrys as coordinating judge, I'd get signs in the form of HMs and Semifinalists that I was on the path. When the awards gala traveled to Seattle one year in the early 2000s, I sat next to Kevin J. Anderson. He asked about my writing, and I told him about some of the contests I had won, and about the certificates from WotF I'd earned. I've told the story before, but I'll tell it again for the sake of new members. Kevin said, "That's really something. To get even ONE honor certificate is a big deal with this contest--they don't give those out lightly. That you have several is a really big deal. That says a lot about your writing. Keep at it." And then I had a semifinalist that I had thought for sure would have won, and was decimated, because it was obviously close by the critique I got from KD Wentworth. A year later, I met Kathy (KD) at a con, told her who I was, and asked her if she remembered a story titled, "Driftweave." Her eyes goggled, her jaw dropped. "That was YOUR story?" She pinched her thumb and forefinger together. "You were THIS close to winning. If you hadn't written a 17,000 word story, you would have won. I've been trying to get the contest word count lowered, and I just couldn't justify sending on a 17K story after being so adamant about it. But it was a GREAT story, keep entering."

Yeah, those moments lift you up, and dash you down. They make you feel great you came so close. They make you feel sick you came so close and lost. You have to keep finding a way to deal with that, because every successful writer today, if they're honest, will tell you they went through the same thing. To continue the story, about four years ago, amidst losing our business after being eaten alive by trying to keep it open through the recession, after losing our home, and after helping my wife through a couple cancer surgeries and treatments, I figured life is never going to be perfect, I'll never have that perfect time to write that I had been working to achieve for years. So I made myself an achievable goal. Come what may, no matter how bad it got, I'd submit one story to WotF every quarter. I think I only missed submitting once. Of the fifteen times I submitted, I only got one rejection. I knew I was close with David Farland as coordinating judge--one of those honors was a semi-finalist, and he told me he thought it would have been a winner, and on the level of worldbuilding alone was probably better than all the finalists he had chosen. And yet, I had written too long, had included a bit too much, and was told to "kill my darlings." You rise to the heights with a critique like that. You also crash to the depths, knowing you were so close after trying so hard for all those years.

But this time, I fell but didn't crash. I kept believing. I kept submitting. For three more years, every quarter I received HMs and Silvers. And on my 15th quarter, with only 36 hours before close on the last quarter of the year, I made a mad dash to make the deadline, and at 11:56 pm pushed submit with what was a first draft, barely proofed. And it made Finalist, and then was chosen by Tim Powers, David Farland, Jody Lynne Nye, and Mike Resnick as the second place winner for Q4. Joni said they were unanimous about it being a winner, and said twice that *never* happens. Which shows you that once you're in that top eight, usually it's just a matter of personal taste. Unless they're unanimous. : )

So fourteen out of the fifteen times during that period that I made the commitment to never quit, to submit every quarter . . . I got a sign in the form of a certificate that I was on the path. It tests you. You will wonder why you're doing this, because the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and yet expecting different results. But the truth is, you're not insane. With every fresh story you write, you are learning. You are gaining experience. You are getting better.

And thus, my fresh story challenge in the Moon's SUPER SECRET topic. I'm showing you guys what I did to finally win.

You can do this. If you keep believing, keep writing, keep submitting every quarter, and keep honing your craft.

Fortune favor the industrious.

~Moon~
Wulf Moon http://driftweave.com
Q4 Vol 35 "Super-Duper Moongirl..."
Critters Readers Award: #1, "War Dog," Best SF&F Short Story of 2018
NEW! "Weep No More..." DEEP MAGIC Fall 2019 http://amazon.com/author/wulfmoon

Dragonchef

Postby Dragonchef » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:25 pm

Wulfy: 25 years...persistence is key.

I was not aware of all the tragic road/writing blocks you and your lovely wife experienced (is her cancer in remission?). Fortune favored the strong willed there. I, personally, am glad you used the negative events in your life to bolster your resolve and press for the gold. You are an icon of encouragement. If not for you and your fresh story challenge, I doubt I would be as eager now trying to get stories out for deadline practice--so much better than a mere writing prompt, though they do have their benefits.

The fact that you put so much effort into getting us mere mortals off our duffs to obtain what you already have, means you care about others and their goals. Thank you, sir. I hope one day we will meet for a clinker or two.

Dragonchef
R = 4
HM = 1(Q4v36)
SHM = 1 (Q3v32)
WINs = Zip
F = Zero
SF = Zilcho
wotf013

Wulf Moon

Postby Wulf Moon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:54 pm

Dragonchef wrote:Wulfy: 25 years...persistence is key.

I was not aware of all the tragic road/writing blocks you and your lovely wife experienced (is her cancer in remission?). Fortune favored the strong willed there. I, personally, am glad you used the negative events in your life to bolster your resolve and press for the gold. You are an icon of encouragement. If not for you and your fresh story challenge, I doubt I would be as eager now trying to get stories out for deadline practice--so much better than a mere writing prompt, though they do have their benefits.

The fact that you put so much effort into getting us mere mortals off our duffs to obtain what you already have, means you care about others and their goals. Thank you, sir. I hope one day we will meet for a clinker or two.

Dragonchef

Most welcome, Dragonchef! Glad to help. If I can knock a few years off anyone's struggle to figure out how to write a story that sells, or just ease the pain from the fire in the crucible, I shall be happy. Glad it's motivating you to keep striving for the gold, silver, or bronze! It is within reach. It can be done.

As to that clinker, what's that 21 year old Scotch you were drinking? I am very fond of single malts, and would gladly share a dram with you one day. Springbank is my absolute favorite, but Highland Park is a close second. And on a blustery day, you cannot beat Lagavulin. Puts fire back in your bones.

Congrats on getting a Silver HM! I hadn't seen that before. You were most likely in the top 24 that quarter. When one realizes the number of entries are somewhere between 1000 and 2000 every quarter from around the world, and many already have some pro sales under their belts, and are in workshops with award winning pro writers, that's quite an accomplishment!

All the beast!

~Moon~

MWStallings

Postby MWStallings » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:53 pm

Refreshes inbox... <nada> ... goes back to working on my Q2 submission.
Write all the words and bury them in ink!

HM:1, R:2

Dragonchef

Postby Dragonchef » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:01 pm

Wulfy: Glengoyne 21...I joined Flaviar.com and found it there. If you've never been to their site, I highly recommend it. You will find almost every whiskey, from Scotch to Irish to Japanese and American, whatever, and then some under the sun. And great prices to boot. They also have these little vials for tastings. Lagavulin...used to be one of my absolute faves, but then the smoke flavor grew tiresome. That was a few years ago so a revisit is in order. Springbank: 12,15 or 25? I've never had any but I am willing to try. Which YO do you recommend?

SHM: It was quite weird. I never expected to get it. The story I entered was an excerpt from one of many novels I am working on. Getting the notice from Joni for it totally blew me away. I almost fell over. But that gave me even more drive. I am actually hoping that I don't "win" for Q1 and my entry for Q2 does...it is soooo much better. But, hey, take what I can get.
R = 4
HM = 1(Q4v36)
SHM = 1 (Q3v32)
WINs = Zip
F = Zero
SF = Zilcho
wotf013

disgruntledpeony

Postby disgruntledpeony » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Dragonchef wrote:I dropped for a spell myself, allowing other "things" to interfere (not that having "things" can even begin to compare to having twins --most fantastic and admirable congratulations to you-BTW).

Thanks! Don't compare, though. Everyone is going through different things, and everyone handles those things differently. I've quit writing longer for far less important reasons. wotf019 My first rejection (which I received at age 20) hit me so hard I barely wrote for the next ten years.

Twins isn't easy, but since I'm doing the full time mom thing I simultaneously have more and less time to write. (I have less free time overall, but also fewer demands on what free time is still available to me. Still working on making a regular habit of writing, but I've been enjoying it when I take the time, which is the important thing.)

JVAshley wrote:

Can I join you if I bring a blankie?
I just received an R on an R&R for my novel. So, Thursday started with a bang for me.

Absolutely. *offers up a warm, fuzzy blanket and some cookies* The R is hard, but the fact that you got an R&R in the first place is good. Keep submitting, and if you're up for it you can always poke at some other writing to help distract you. (If not, I can offer hugs as well as cookies.)

Dragonchef

Postby Dragonchef » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:23 pm

disgruntledpeony wrote:The R is hard, but the fact that you got an R&R in the first place is good.

Please forgive my ignorance; but, other than Rest and Relaxation or Rescue and Resuscitation, what does R&R mean?
R = 4
HM = 1(Q4v36)
SHM = 1 (Q3v32)
WINs = Zip
F = Zero
SF = Zilcho
wotf013

chuckt

Postby chuckt » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:39 pm

When's its so bad they reject you twice? wotf001
36 R,R,R, SHM

dinodr_neil

Postby dinodr_neil » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:43 pm

Wulf Moon wrote: A year later, I met Kathy (KD) at a con, told her who I was, and asked her if she remembered a story titled, "Driftweave." Her eyes goggled, her jaw dropped. "That was YOUR story?" She pinched her thumb and forefinger together. "You were THIS close to winning. If you hadn't written a 17,000 word story, you would have won. I've been trying to get the contest word count lowered, and I just couldn't justify sending on a 17K story after being so adamant about it. But it was a GREAT story, keep entering."

~Moon~

Wait a minute. So the official rules say up to 17K words, but since one judge thinks it should be lower, a writer that doesn't know that is penalized and gets rejected? That is not cool! How are those of us who are just submitting for the first or second time supposed to know that? How are most people supposed to know that? As if the competition isn't difficult enough we also have to comply with rules that aren't even posted for us to know about now too!
wotf23 wotf23 wotf23 wotf23
Last edited by dinodr_neil on Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MWStallings

Postby MWStallings » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:37 pm

Wulf Moon posted "I just couldn't justify sending on a 17K story..."

That's just wrong. If the rules are 17k, then it should have gone on.
Write all the words and bury them in ink!

HM:1, R:2

Wulf Moon

Postby Wulf Moon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:54 pm

Well guys, life isn't fair. We all know that. And every human on the planet has their own pet peeves--why should judges be any different? There is no way to know a judges' pet peeve unless they tell you, and it will likely never be in the rules. Kathy (KD) Wentworth is gone now, and I will always think well of her. And she was not the only judge to make comments against 17K stories in the contest, so it's good to be aware. Stories at the max word count do win--"Mara's Shadow" is an excellent example. But it's also the best story I have ever read in WotF volumes too. Write to the contest word limit at your own risk. I did many times, and I believe I suffered for it. But I write long, that's my style and what I like to write--I enjoy meaningful big worldbuilding with great characters moving through original worlds. That takes words. To win, I finally figured out how to hint at big worlds without spelling them out. And it's a good skill to learn if you're writing *short* stories.

Remember this: Every single judge is a human being, each with their own preferences and their own beliefs--especially on what makes up a good story. If they aren't publishing their viewpoints publicly, like David Farland is, bless him, you will never know what those beliefs and pet peeves are. It may very well be an editor at a different publication will LOVE that same story a judge here rejected. It's why it's a good idea to submit your story elsewhere if it doesn't win here.

Here's another example. I wrote a story for the contest Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 2 that was accepted and published, titled "Seventh Heaven." A Borg love story. What could be sweeter? So when Strange New Worlds 3 rolled around, I thought I had it made, I had this anthology and the editor figured out. Hey, it was Dean Wesley Smith, I had workshopped with him, stayed at his house, had he and his wife to our house for dinner--if there was any editor I thought I had a bead on his tastes, it was Dean. So the contest rolls around again, and I wrote what I felt was a darn good Voyager story. Dean rejected it flat out. Because we knew each other, I asked him later what I did wrong. "Nothing," he said, "but it's a child endangerment story, and I HATE child endangerment stories. I don't read them."

So my story I had worked so hard on hadn't even been read. And it wasn't a blind contest, he knew it was from me and had bought a story of mine the year before. That's the way the cookie crumbles. I've won a lot of contests over the years. But lots of things like that occur in contests. Because judges are people. They are there to pick good stories. But it's got to be in their wheelhouse, and that wheel in their house has wonky warps in it just like every other human's on the planet.

But with this contest, if you can get past the coordinating judge--and he's written A LOT on how to do so, so you can figure out how to avoid many of his pet peeves--you go before four other judges that select the winners for that quarter. Getting rated by four judges instead of one tends to neutralize some of those individual quirks. You might have one judge that thinks science fiction is a greater discipline than fantasy, and that judge marks accordingly. But another judge might love fantasy, and balances out that vote. This contest has a very good system in place to be fair, but somebody has to do the culling.

Keep changing up the fish you send past the big bear, that's my suggestion. I was changing up genres, styles, POVs, you name it. You've got lots of chances, four a year, to change things up. When you get a hit in the form of a certificate, analyze what type of story that was, and try writing another in a similar style, maybe even in the same world.

I hope that helps.

~Moon~

disgruntledpeony

Postby disgruntledpeony » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:54 am

Dragonchef wrote:
disgruntledpeony wrote:The R is hard, but the fact that you got an R&R in the first place is good.

Please forgive my ignorance; but, other than Rest and Relaxation or Rescue and Resuscitation, what does R&R mean?

Pretty sure that means they requested a full copy of the novel manuscript to read? Unless I'm mistaken, in which case I apologize.

LittleRed

Postby LittleRed » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:16 am

R&R usually means Revise and Resubmit.
If this world holds no wonder, it is no place for me.

disgruntledpeony

Postby disgruntledpeony » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:03 am

LittleRed wrote:R&R usually means Revise and Resubmit.

Okay, that makes more sense. I used to know that, too, I swear. Baby brain is real, folks, if only due to distraction and exhaustion. wotf019

aidanka

Postby aidanka » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 am

It's been two days that I keep refreshing the pages. Ate a ton of food as I wait for the wave of responses. Has any of you received anything??

JVAshley

Postby JVAshley » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:50 am

Yes, an agent requested a full and gave me a glowing Rejection, but asked me to 'Revise & Resubmit' after 6 months. I had the request for nearly a year before I found out people in the know (obviously not me) referred to it as an R&R. It's a great thing to be asked, but no guarantee of approval after you do the work (see me again). It's good to ask about abbreviations if you don't know. This is a safe place to learn the industry lingo.

I am working on my Q2 at the moment then I will start revisions of the 1st draft of another novel. Back to the trenches. (After a lovely stay in disgruntledpeony's pillow fort).
1x SF
3x HM
2x R

Dragonchef

Postby Dragonchef » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:59 am

aidanka wrote:It's been two days that I keep refreshing the pages. Ate a ton of food as I wait for the wave of responses. Has any of you received anything??

No Aidanka, we are all still in a holding pattern. A few of us are requesting a fly-by on the tower, but get, "Negative, Ghost-Rider. That pattern is full," for an answer. wotf033
R = 4
HM = 1(Q4v36)
SHM = 1 (Q3v32)
WINs = Zip
F = Zero
SF = Zilcho
wotf013

aidanka

Postby aidanka » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:03 am

Although I'm fairly new to the forum, I learned valuable things I had no idea of previously.
Yes, R&R is a great thing in my opinion even if it lead to a rejection. Not that agents or any person can determine that one has a talent for writing, it still means you have what it takes. wotf010 You could also try self-publishing.

I work on two stories for the 2nd and 3rd quarters. It's dreadful as one I'm reformatting from my own screenplay and the other from a novel project. All while I'm editing other 3 shorts and translating my 1st novel to English. My laptop is crowded with stickers to remind me of my writing projects I need to focus on. And I can't wait to finish all them so I can focus to write my other two novels.

Does anyone has any idea when R's would be send out for the Q1?

JVAshley wrote:

Yes, an agent requested a full and gave me a glowing Rejection, but asked me to 'Revise & Resubmit' after 6 months. I had the request for nearly a year before I found out people in the know (obviously not me) referred to it as an R&R. It's a great thing to be asked, but no guarantee of approval after you do the work (see me again). It's good to ask about abbreviations if you don't know. This is a safe place to learn the industry lingo.

I am working on my Q2 at the moment then I will start revisions of the 1st draft of another novel. Back to the trenches. (After a lovely stay in disgruntledpeony's pillow fort).

aidanka

Postby aidanka » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:07 am

Good thing's we're at least not alone, we have this community. wotf010 wotf010 None of my friends can feel any sorta empathy when I share with them my excitement about the quarters. The only thing I'm scared of is by the time Joni sends out responses I won't be able pass through the door of my apartment. wotf019

Dragonchef wrote:
aidanka wrote:It's been two days that I keep refreshing the pages. Ate a ton of food as I wait for the wave of responses. Has any of you received anything??

No Aidanka, we are all still in a holding pattern. A few of us are requesting a fly-by on the tower, but get, "Negative, Ghost-Rider. That pattern is full," for an answer. wotf033

mhkuch

Postby mhkuch » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:34 am

Yeah, I'm nervously awaiting results as well. Hopefully, there's something in the next couple weeks. I've been writing for a few years but this quarter is the first time I've ever submitted anything for professional review. Glad to have this community here and that I'm not the only one who's holding their breath in anticipation. Looks like the old guard gets a bit nervous too, much like us newbies. wotf007
R: 2 (Woohoo! Starting strong!)

JVAshley

Postby JVAshley » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:50 pm

Fretting over When the results will come back and What they will be is half the fun of submitting for me. Group anxiety and pillow forts, what more could an author want?
1x SF
3x HM
2x R

SCAFontaine

Postby SCAFontaine » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:09 pm

JVAshley wrote:Fretting over When the results will come back and What they will be is half the fun of submitting for me. Group anxiety and pillow forts, what more could an author want?

That just took me back to my teenage years! Yes, community stress and fun, love it.
3 x HM

Return to “The Contest - Quarterly Topics, and Other Items”